Sunday, May 31, 2009

A few more iris's opened this week.....

These came from my friends across the street, Jen and Tim, well, it came from Jen, but really came from her mothers gardens. (She recently passed away and Jen has been transplanting flowers before they sell the house.) She actually gave me the rhizomes 2 years ago, just after they moved in, and the first year I got the most gorgeous huge bloom, and she got none. I felt so guilty I immediately lifted that iris out of my yard and returned to her. This year I have about 5 or 6 blooms, and so does she, so we are all set :)




This one I bought a few years ago. It's one of my favoites because the petals are iridescent..so pretty when the sun shines on them...




Pretty Blue Iris....



Also very excited to show you that the single Peonies are opening, the double ones will be a few more days...but aren't these awesome?



One of the Peony plants in full bloom...background...catmint, purple and white iris's, and some ice pinks blooming on the rock wall.

1 comment:

  1. Christina,


    love this blog!

    Now I wish I had time to do a gardening one of my own!

    If only I had time to work on the ones I already have!

    I can almost smell the flowers from here!
    -jenni

    ReplyDelete