Sunday, May 16, 2010

Iris's!

I have 3 garden favorites (ok, I say that, but every time a flower blooms, I find myself calling it my favorite)....but really, I do think my 3 favorites are the Iris's , the Hydrangeas and the Peonies....all of them in every shape and form...and I have complied quite a collection over the years.....and continue to sneak more in :)

Today's pics are the last of my early May iris's (this one was mostly in the shade which is why its just blooming now)



The iris that opened yesterday...from my friend Brian, its just an old fashioned iris, might even be of the same vintage as my Mother's Grandmother's iris's, they look strikingly similar.




And this is the 2nd year in my yard for this gorgeous purple and white iris ..just opened this am..

1 comment:

  1. Yes Christina! That is my Iris too! It's one of my favorites! It is funny how so many miles apart our gardens seem to be trying to bring us closer.

    love you!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete